Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup
This Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup taste really comes through in each bite, and it is nicely accented by bit of rich 18 year aged balsamic. Roasted tomatoes add a bit of sweetness, while the onion add body. This is a really well-roundedsoup, and there isn’t a single ingredient you need to feel bad about adding. Flavorful and healthy!
- 1 28 oz tomato puree canned
- 1/2 cup Redstone 18 Year Aged Traditional Balsamic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 large red bell peppers roasted, seeded, peeled and chopped or one jar
- 3 tbsp Redstone Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 med onion yellow, finely diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Ramano cheese, grated
- 1 bunch basil fresh, washed, dried, torn
In a medium heavy stock pot, heat one tablespoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil over medium heat. Add onion, sauce until translucent. Add garlic, sauce. Add 18 year aged Traditional Balsamic and reduce by half.
Add chicken stock, roasted peppers, tomato puree, and basil leaves to pot. Lower heat to simmer for about 20 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree the hot soup until smooth. Add heavy cream and Romano cheese, store. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls drizzled with approximately one teaspoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and a sprig of basil.