Thank you for your purchases at Redstone Olive Oil. Due to the nature of our products being perishable and adversely affected by light, heat, oxygen, improper handling and time, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges. We apologize for any inconvenience. All sales are final.
What are some of the most important things to know?
The critical factors of quality for extra virgin olive oils are: climate, type of olive, time of harvest, harvesting method, production processes and aging. The enemies of quality Olive Oil: oxygen, heat & light.
How long will it last?
Olive Oil loses most of its health & flavor attributes after 2 years even under ideal circumstances, however, to obtain maximum benefit from these attributes, use within 6-8 months.
What should a good olive oil look and taste like?
Extra Virgin Olive Oils have different aromas, tastes and colors, picking up subtle flavors from things growing around them, much like grapes or honey. Ranging in color from a deep green to a light yellow color and from a mild (low intensity) to bold or robust (high intensity) flavor.
What is special about Redstone Olive Oil?
Our olive oils are made specifically for our specialty store market. Our growers are actually paid extra to pick olives a little early, crush / cold press, package and ship the same day. We will always have fresh olive oil year around and can speak to its origins, crush dates, chemistry, etc.
What are the primary health benefits of a quality olive oil?
- Olive oil is a major component of the Mediterranean diet which is considered the healthiest nutritional lifestyle.
- Good for skin & hair moisture management.
- Promotes cellular, mucous membrane & neural health.
- Provides Omega 3 & Omega 6 (healthy) monounsaturated fats.
- Polyphenols supplied by excellent quality olive oil reduce oxidation and help prevent some cancers.
- Is known to reduce up to 30% of the risk factors associated with coronary and arterial disease! This is huge.
- Significantly reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol, and increases HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Increases cellular sensitivity to insulin, therefore assists in the management of Type 2 Diabetes.
Why do prices vary so much?
Luxury branding (fancy packaging) & marketing play a large role in retail costs. Higher cost does not always mean higher quality.
How can we be sure we are buying good olive oil?
We here at Redstone Olive Oil are happy to show you the results of multiple laboratory tests as well as interpret them to give you an idea as to the qualities and characteristics of good olive oil.