Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Brownies
Fudgy, perfect brownies with the subtle hit of orange. These Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate Brownies will take you back to candy combinations of our youth, in a delicious brownie!
- 1/2 c Redstone Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 c blood orange juice fresh squeezed or purchased in the juice section at the grocery store
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t instant espresso powder
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1-1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- zest of an orange navel orange is fine
- 1-1/2 c dark chocolate morsels such as Hershey's
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, boil the orange juice until reduced to 1/2 c (keep an eye on it or it may boil over). Add the reduced juice to the olive oil in a large mixing bowl and combine. Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order given. Pour batter into a 8x11-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until desired doneness. Yield: 24 brownies.