Blood Orange Escarole Pasta
Do you often crave a simple bowl of pasta, put this on the winter menu! The basic flavors—sweet-tart from the vinaigrette and pleasantly bitter thanks to escarole—are fantastic on their own.
For the pasta:
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- 2 heads escarole, leaves cut into 1-inch lengths, washed and dried on a kitchen towel
- 2 tablespoons Redstone Blood Orange Olive Oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pistachios
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segments removed
- 2 cups blood orange vinaigrette
For the blood orange vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Redstone Grapefruit Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Redstone Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Whisk vinegar, blood orange juice, brown sugar, and olive oil together in a small bowl. Set aside.
To make the pasta:
- Cook angel hair according to box instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan. Add in one tablespoon olive oil and sauté the escarole in two batches. Season with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, strain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette and escarole. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with blood orange segments and pistachios.