Skip to content
MUSHROOM SAGE DRESSING
A simple, flavorful and delicious recipe for Mushroom and Sage Stuffing. It's the perfect addition to any thanksgiving or holiday table!
2 sourdough baguettes, cubed and dried out
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 4 cups hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 C + 1 tbsp Redstone Mushroom Sage Olive Oil
1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
2 minced garlic cloves
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Tbls minced sage
2 Tbls minced thyme
1 Tbls thinly sliced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a baking dish with 2 tablespoons Olive Oil.
- Remove hydrated porcinis from water and chop into bite sized pieces. Set aside and reserve mushroom ‘broth’.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt 4 tablespoons Olive Oil. Add onion, celery and garlic and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss together.
- Place skillet back over heat and melt 4 tablespoons Olive Oil.
- Add cremini and porcini mushrooms and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in herbs and continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mushroom and herbs to bread cube mixture. Toss together.
- Pour mushroom broth over mixture and stir together. Allow mixture to sit until most of the broth has absorbed into the bread cubes. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour and press mixture into prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove stuffing from oven and dot top with remaining 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Place stuffing back into oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until top has browned.
- Remove from oven, cool and serve.
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/gts.liquid
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection