Tex Mex Green Chili Soup
Tex Mex Green Chili Soup is warm, hearty, and simple.
- One 3-lb, whole chicken, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 C cilantro leaves, chopped
- 5 corn tortillas
- Redstone Baklouti Green Chile Pepper Olive Oil
- Options: avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, diced onions
- Place chicken in a 5-quart soup pot. Cover with water by 2 inches.
- Add cumin, chili powder, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, oregano, and cilantro leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender and done.
- Remove chicken from the pot.
- Soak tortillas in 3 cups of broth, inside the blender for about 5 minutes. Puree. Return the pureed tortillas to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Debone chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken to pot with broth.
- Heat until hot. Serve.
Drizzle with Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil - From the Barbary Coast of North Africa, the rare and unique Tunisian Baklouti pepper is an award-winning fused oil. It is exclusive to our product line. Made by crushing fresh, early harvest olives with an equal ratio of fresh, whole, green Baklouti chilies at our mill in Tunisia. After being crushed together, the two are mixed in the malaxer, which fuses the fresh green essential oil of the Baklouti pepper with the olive oil. Shop our Award Winning Olive Oils and aged Balsamic Vinegars