Autumn Maple Balsamic Salad
AUTUMN MAPLE BALSAMIC SALAD
START PLANNING EARLY! Fall Salads are hearty, crisp, and full of flavor! This Autumn Maple Balsamic Salad is rich and boasts a FALL warm taste that will leave your friends and family wanting more.
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1 T firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 C fresh spinach leaves, spring mix, or red chard
- 1 C shredded red cabbage
- 1 apple or pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 C shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
Combine all salad dressing ingredients in small bowl; beat with wire whisk until well mixed. Refrigerate until serving time.
Cook bacon pieces in 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from heat; drain fat from skillet. Immediately add pecans and brown sugar to hot skillet with bacon pieces; stir until well mixed. Set aside until serving time.
Place all salad ingredients in large bowl. Drizzle half of dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with topping mixture. Serve immediately with remaining dressing.
Use salad dressing as dipping bread, or marinade chicken breasts overnight and grill.