Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
Try this recipe for a warm, hearty snack with a bit of a kick. It's a hit with my family, and guests rave about it, too. Ideal for parties, it makes a big potful. The only "utensil" you'll need to serve it with is a brimming bowl of tortilla chips.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 tsp Redstone I LOVE Garlic Spice Blend
- 1 tsp Redstone Cilantro Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef in the cilantro olive oil, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the cheeses, garlic spice blend, taco sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.