Tarragon Garlic Chicken
Juicy, tender chicken breasts, simmered in a flavorful and creamy tarragon sauce with a hint of garlic is an easy weekday meal.
For The Chicken:
For The Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh Tarragon sprigs (chop 1 teaspoon leaves)
- 1 cup milk (or half and half)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water, until smooth
- Coat chicken breasts with Redstone Citrus Orchard spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Redstone Garlic Olive Oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts until opaque and no longer pink inside (about 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- To the same pan or skillet, heat another 2 teaspoons of garlic olive oil and sauté garlic, with parsley, 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon leaves, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in milk (or cream); season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; add the cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, quickly stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly. Reduce heat and simmer gently for a further minute to allow the sauce to thicken more.
- Return chicken to the skillet, heat. Sprinkle with a tarragon sprig, if desired. Serve immediately.