Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
CHERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
A simple salad with mixed greens, red grapes, pear, almonds, dried sweet cherries, and crumbled feta. Drizzle this delicious Cherry Balsamic Salad Dressing for the perfect finishing touch!
- 5 tbls 100% black cherry juice
- 2 tbls Redstone Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbls white sugar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard don't use regular mustard
- 3 tbls Redstone Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 5-6 cups mixed greens (5 ounces)
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Optional: sliced strawberries
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a small blender jar; pulse until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil, and pulse again until just combined and emulsified. Alternatively, combine all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake until well combined. You may need to stir up the sugar as it has a tendency to settle on the bottom.
- If desired, toast the almonds (optional) by adding the sliced almonds in a single layer to a completely dry skillet (don't add any oil) and place on medium-high heat. Stir the almonds every 15 seconds for about 1-2 minutes or until the color slightly darkens and they start to smell good, but watch carefully to prevent burning. You can also use honey-roasted almonds in this salad.
- Thinly slice a large pear and toss with the lemon juice. Slice the red grapes in half. Add the sliced pears, sliced grapes, almonds, and dried cherries to the mixed greens.
- Toss with the dressing (add to preference, you may not want to add it all) and sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- This salad (like most) doesn't make good leftovers. If you aren't eating this immediately, keep the ingredients separate from the dressing and toss right before eating. Top with feta after dressing the salad.