Veggie Balsamic Pasta
This easy Veggie Balsamic Pasta recipe is overflowing with fresh veggies, and sautéed in a delicious balsamic sauce. Add grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta
- 3 tablespoons Redstone Herbes de Provence olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces (with ends trimmed off and discarded)
- 1 small head of broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly-sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3–4 tablespoons Redstone Denissimo balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Redstone Tuscan Sun spice blend
- freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- optional: grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp
- Cook pasta in a large stock pot of generously salted boiling water al dente according to package instructions. Then drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta water is heating and the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the asparagus, broccoli, and red bell pepper, and season the mixture with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. (Adding in another tablespoon of oil if needed.) Stir in the garlic and continue sautéing for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Once the veggies and pasta have all finished cooking, return the stockpot to the stove over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, optional: chicken, salmon, shrimp, cooked pasta, veggie mixture, balsamic vinegar, lots of freshly-cracked black pepper, Tuscan Sun spice blend, and toss to combine. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that the pasta is very lightly toasted. Taste, and add extra balsamic vinegar and black pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat and sere warm, garnished with lots of Parmesan cheese.