Veggie Olive Oil and Balsamic Burger
This burger was created with the belief that a veggie burger should taste like a meat burger!
By adding Redstone garlic olive oil and Redstone Neapolitan balsamic you have a tasty flavor bursting veggie burger.
- 2 small white onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Redstone Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 7 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp finely grated beet
- 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (optional gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp Redstone Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (optional gluten-free)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 6 burger buns (gluten free optional)
- condiments like lettuce, tomato, mayo, onions avocado, sprouts, hummus
- Combine flaxseed and water in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and onions, and cook until softened and golden brown, 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and mix well, reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes, or until the onions are cooked through.
- Remove skillet from the heat and stir in lentils. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in half of black beans and grated beet, mix well with a wooden spoon 2 to 3 minutes to combine.
- Transfer half of this mixture into a blender or food processor. Pulse 15 to 30 seconds, until mostly smooth. Remove from blender or food processor and return to the bowl.
- Add mushrooms, green onions, balsamic vinegar and remaining black beans. Mix well with a spatula or with your hands for 2 to 3 minutes to combine. Add flaxseed mixture and continue mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Add oats and flour to bowl and mix another 2 to 3 minutes. Ingredients should have a sticky and coarse consistency. Cover and allow mixture to chill in fridge for 25 to 60 minutes.
- Form ¼-inch-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat an oiled flat skillet or indoor or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve burgers on buns with your choice of toppings and condiments.