Avocado Toast with Balsamic Drizzle
Creamy avocado spread onto well-toasted bread is a favorite quick meal and is one of life's simplest health pleasures. Entertain your friends with a avocado toast buffet.
- ¼ cup Redstone Balsamic Vinegar (Options: 18 year Traditional, Blackberry Ginger, Fig, Denissimo, Black Currant, or Black Cherry)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 slices 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted (optional gluten free)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the balsamic and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the balsamic is reduced by half and thickens. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh from each avocado half onto a slice of toasted bread. Mash the avocado with a fork until it is flattened.
- Top each slice of bread with 5 tomato halves, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about ½ tablespoon of the balsamic glaze on each avocado toast.