Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
STRAWBERRY SALAD BURSTING WITH JUICY STRAWBERRIES, CREAMY GOAT CHEESE AND CARAMELIZED PECANS WITH TASTY DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE IS YOUR SHOW STOPPING SIDE DISH TO ALL YOUR SUMMER AND FALL PARTIES AND POTLUCKS
If you are still looking for last minute Summer and Fall recipes, look no further than this Strawberry Salad! This bright and beautiful Strawberry Salad is brimming with fresh spinach and romaine, ripe strawberries, creamy goat cheese, crisp red bell pepper, crunchy cucumbers, sweet caramelized pecans, zippy red onion and crunchy toasted ramen then doused in sweet and tangy Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Oh my goodness.
- 1/2 cup carmelized pecans
- 1 small head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 lb. strawberries hulled and sliced
- 5 oz. bag spinach
- 1 pear thinly sliced and halved or chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 package ramen noodles crushed, flavor packet discarded
- 1/3 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Redstone Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 cup strawberries hulled
- 1/2 cup Redstone Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/2 TSP EACH paprika, salt
- 1/4 TSP EACH dried thyme, pepper
- 1/2 cup Redstone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Add all of the Vinaigrette ingredients to blender except olive oil and process until smooth. Turn blender on low, and gradually add olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Whisk in poppy seeds. Add additional balsamic for tangier, sugar for sweeter.
Vinaigrette is best served chilled. If making and serving salad immediately, place in the freezer so it can get cold, otherwise refrigerate until ready to use. Whisk vinaigrette just before serving.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Add ramen noodles to a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread in an even layer and bake until toasted, stirring 1-2 times, approximately 10 minutes.
Serving Immediately: Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. If not expecting leftovers then toss with desired amount of dressing. If expecting leftovers, dress individual portions. Serve immediately.
Making Ahead: Add all of the salad ingredients EXCEPT pears (they will brown) to a large bowl in sections so they stay somewhat separated - do not toss together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. When ready to serve, add pears. If not expecting leftovers then toss with desired amount of dressing. If expecting leftovers, dress individual portions. Serve immediately.